If you’re like me and always get up before the sun does and start the day in a full sprint and on the go than you will definitely love this.
Also if you’re always confused what to eat, and don’t really want to spend much time making breakfast or always skip it you can benefit from this also.
Check out my list of the my personal favorite breakfast choices. Please comment below if you have any other cool breakfast ideas.
- Oatmeal, flaxseed, blueberries & almonds– This is very popular and easy to make. Steel cut is my favorite and I would add 1/4 cup of berries and a little bit of cinnamon as well for flavor.
- Kashi Golean Crunch– Actually, any whole-grain, high-fiber cereal is a good choice, but this is the most popular. It has a high amount of protein and fiber, low sugar. Use non fat or 1% milk and no more than 4-6 ounces.
- Fresh berries and Greek Yogurt- Mix 1/2 cup of greek yogurt, try to get the unsweetened kind and add 1/4-1/2 cup of berries. Tasty!
- Grapefruit with whole-wheat toast & almond butter– A medium sized grapefruit will do. The almond butter is tastier than peanut butter (my preference).
- Apple and string cheese– It’s self explanatory
- Protein shake with extras- This is the fastest and easiest breakfast which I start almost every morning with. Women should shoot for 15-20 grams of protein and men 30-40 grams of protein based of your goals and a few other things. Try to find a mix of casein, soy and whey. I eat this with 1/2 a grapefruit, but you can also pair it up with 1/2 cup of oatmeal.
- Eggs with peppers– My favorite (when I have time). Men should do 5 egg whites and one whole egg and women should do 2-3 egg whites with one whole egg. Also feel free to add green and red peppers along with any other veggies you like. If you want to add carbs I suggest whole wheat toast, just one slice and dry is fine
- Cottage cheese and fruit. Get low-fat cottage cheese. 1/2 cup for women and 3/4-1 cup for men. I normally would add sliced apples, 1/4 cup berries or a handful of walnuts.
Feel free to share some of your favorite healthy breakfast choices below. I’d love your feedback![sc name=”OptinZ”]