It’s no secret, getting healthier does not have to be a super complex process with extreme changes. Truth is, a few tweaks with consistency and patience over time can make a significant positive impact on your health. Check out some of our tips below to get started.
- Drink more water: Try and aim for 8, 8-ounce glasses of water per day to stay hydrated and flush out toxins. Supercharge this by adding LMNT to your water for better hydration and to increase performance with your workouts.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables: Aim to fill a portion of your plate with these nutrient-rich foods at each meal.
- Get more sleep: Easier said than done, we know! Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep per night to give your body a chance to rest and repair.
- Incorporate physical activity into your daily routine: Shoot for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity activity. Strength training is optimal, but any activity just to get you started will work. We’re a little bit biased, but our group training workouts are pretty awesome!
- Limit intake of added sugars: Sugary drinks and snacks can contribute to weight gain and increase the risk for chronic disease. Choose whole foods over processed when you can.
- Choose healthier fats: Fat such as olive oil, nuts, and avocados over saturated and trans fats which can increase your risk of heart disease.
- Eat more fiber: Foods high in fiber such as fruit, veggies, and grains can help you feel full longer and help manage weight.
- Practice mindful eating: Slow down and pay attention. Avoid eating while watching TV as you can mindlessly overeat.
- Limit alcohol intake: Alcohol can contribute to weight gain and increase the risk of certain health conditions. Everyone likes a drink but do your best to do it in moderation.
- Plan ahead: Preparing healthy meals and snacks in advance will help you make better decisions. Failing to plan ahead can set you up to fail. You can also check out one of our preferred meal prep companies if you don’t have time to cook and prep.